Since 1971, Fairfax Family Practice Centers (FFPC) has provided high quality, comprehensive healthcare services to families across Northern Virginia. We are now the largest primary care group in the area, with more than 100 providers including physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and family medicine residents, at 13 convenient office locations.
FFPC offers a full range of primary care services in a medical home environment, for every member of the family – from newborn to seniors. With an emphasis on preventive care, education, and strong physician-patient partnerships, we are dedicated to helping our patients live long and healthy lives.
What is Primary Care?
Primary care differs from other medical specialties in fundamental ways:
- Primary care treats the whole person and includes health promotion, disease prevention, health maintenance, counseling, education, and diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses.
- It provides patient advocacy in the healthcare system to accomplish cost-effective care through coordination of medical services.
- Primary care is performed and managed by a personal physician collaborating with a team of health professionals. It promotes effective communication with patients and encourages them to be partners in their own healthcare.
- Primary care practices are generally located within the community, facilitating access to care while maintaining a wide variety of specialty, consultative, and referral relationships for specific medical needs.
FFPC approaches each patient as a whole person, starting at birth and going through senior stages of life, including end-of-life care. We offer comprehensive medical services including, but not limited to:
Children’s Health Services for children from birth to adolescence including immunizations, well-baby/well-child exams, sports exams, and treatment for acute and chronic illnesses.
Women’s Healthcare and treatment of women’s needs, including breast care, contraception, pap tests, menopause treatment, bone density scans*, and more.
Health Promotion Tools for health promotion, educational programs, and screenings specially designed to help patients reach personal health goals.
Disease Management Comprehensive evaluation, treatment, and education for a wide array of medical concerns and illnesses for the entire family. For example, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, asthma, etc.
Physical Therapy* On-site physical therapists treat musculoskeletal conditions with pain relieving modalities such as ultrasound, massage, and e-stimulation, and exercises for strength, flexibility, injury prevention, and improved coordination and posture.
Sports Medicine* Sports medicine physicians optimize the health of athletes and non-athletes alike by focusing on how our patients live and take care of their bodies.
Office Procedures A full range of procedures including cryotherapy, echo-cardiograms, joint injections and aspiration, laceration repair, mole excision and biopsy, splinting and casting, and minor surgical procedures.
Inpatient Services We coordinate with hospital specialists to ensure appropriate treatment for our hospitalized patients and care for them in follow-up.
* Not available at all offices
Vision, Mission, Service Philosophy, and Core Values
To be the Medical Home for the communities we serve and the premier medical group in Northern Virginia
Fairfax Family Practice Centers is a group of innovative, physician-owned and led medical organizations. We dedicate ourselves to providing quality health care in a continuing and compassionate partnership with our patients. We will educate our patients, physicians and other healthcare providers in an environment that fosters professional and personal well-being.
Fairfax Family Practice Centers is committed to bringing you the very best in family health care. Our team will work together to:
- Treat you as an individual to be cared for; not a medical condition to be treated
- Provide you with accessible, coordinated and comprehensive care from knowledgeable staff
- Provide accurate, complete and up-to-date information
- Protect your confidentiality
- Listen and encourage participation in decisions about your care
Core ValuesThe core values of our organization are those values we hold which we believe in and which shape the culture and foundation on which we perform work and conduct ourselves. These values are shared and stable; they guide how we behave and make decisions; they define the character of Fairfax Family Practice Centers.